We can't do it without your help.
In order to provide the highest quality of care and help animals in need in our community, we rely on donations and fees for service (adoptions) for 92% of our budget. We aren't a government agency and we don't receive general operating support from national animal organizations. We are a private 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Your contributions support animals right here in Central Ohio.
Below are just some of the many ways a gift can make an impact on animals in need:
Any size gift means everything to our animals in need.
A Gift of $250 will accomplish any one of the following:
- staffs a week of mobile adoptions with MARV
- provides the initial medical evaluation for one animal victim of abuse or neglect
- provides a month of food and boarding for 5 cats
- allows 7 volunteers to attend STEPS on scholarship
- neuters 15 male cats
A gift of $500 will accomplish any one of the following:
- stocks a new foster home with all of the supplies to care for cats and kittens
- staffs the cruelty investigations department for one day
- spays 8 female dogs
- buys a month worth of disposable litter boxes for cats
- provides boarding for one animal in the Safe Haven program (based on average stay)
A gift of $1,000 will accomplish any one of the following:
- vaccinates all dogs in EmBARK partner shelters for one month
- provides for the veterinary services, housing and care of one abandoned dog
- provides toys and enrichment items to all of our dogs for 2 months
- furnishes one day of Feral Fix (spay/neuter and rabies vaccination for 20-25 feral cats)
- provides two nights of emergency hospitalization for one animal victim of cruelty
3015 Scioto-Darby Executive Court
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
You may also choose to make your gift "recurring" and choose a monthly, quarterly or other option.
Make a donation in honor or memory of a person or pet
- We will notify the family if you provide a name and address
- Include a note including who the gift is in honor/memory of as well as the name/address of the person you’d like us to notify
- A card will be sent to the person of your choice that a gift was made as their tribute
- Simply select the Honor/Memorial option during checkout process
Membership - see below
Check if your employer offers donating via automatic payroll deduction. It’s an easy, consistent and thoughtful—and thought-free—way to help. We’re a member of Community Shares of Mid Ohio and may be an eligible write-in choice for other campaigns. Skip a latte and save a life. Spread the word.
See For Yourself
Want to see what makes this place so special and deserving of your donation? Ask for a personal tour of our shelter here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus Humane does not trade, share or sell any of our donors' personal information (received online or offline) with anyone else, nor will we send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Please let us know the best way to communicate with you regarding Columbus Humane. You may update your preferences by emailing email@example.com or calling (614)777-7387.
Our members are donors who stand with us in our mission. We invite you to join us! Memberships are renewed each January for the current calendar year.
- Senior (60 yrs +)/Student $30
- Individual $45
- Family $75
- Patron $150
- Sustainer $250
- Benefactor $350
- Sponsor $500
Your annual tax-deductible donation includes:
- Subscription to our printed newsletter and electronic newsletter.
- Special pricing for tickets to events.
- Most importantly, the wonderful feeling of knowing you make a difference in the lives of so many animals, every single year.
Columbus Humane values the animals we serve and their people. We are always in need of dry and canned pet food for our food bank, as well as specific toys and interactive items for the animals in our care to help enrich their quality of life while they wait to find their new homes.
Check out our Wish List to see what the current needs are!
Unless specifically requested, we are not in need of newspaper, pillows, sheets or washclothes.
Check out our Wish List on Amazon
(use Smile.Amazon.com and select the Capital Area Humane Society to be your charity of choice and ALL your purchases will benefit the animals).
Bring your goods to us, please.
3015 Scioto-Darby Executive Court
Hilliard, OH 43026
We are currently under renovation so please bring your donated goods to either the Animal Support Center on the side of our building during business hours or to the double doors in the back of the building during Adoption Hours (2-7pm M-F; 12-5pm Sat-Sun). THANK YOU!
Hearts for Paws
Hearts for Paws
Host a “Hearts for Paws” campaign at your business. Engage your employees while having a little fun giving back to the community. It’s easy! Or, ask your customers to support Columbus Humane by making a small gift. In return, they receive a heart to print their name or pet’s name to show their support for the animals. “Hearts for Paws” campaigns also work well in schools. For more information, please contact Alexis McDaniel at (614) 777-7387 ext 242 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions - Donations
Are you part of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) or any other national group?
No. We are a local 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the Central Ohio community and we don’t receive general operating support from HSUS or any other national organizations. Which is why you are so important.
Do my taxes pay for your services?
We are not a government agency but our Cruelty Investigations Program does apply for and receive grants from the Franklin County Commissioners Community Partners Program and the City of Columbus.
When I make a donation, where does my money go?
Your money stays right here in Central Ohio supporting our animals and our mission.
Do you sell or trade my personal information?
Absolutely not. We maintain standard physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that protect the confidentiality and security of non-public personal information.
How will I know you have received my donation?
We will provide you with a written receipt for tax purposes.
How can I make my donation go farther?
One way to stretch your support is through matching gifts from your employer. With every donation you make, you should check with your employer to see if your company can match your gift. Some companies will match you dollar for dollar and others even provide a 2:1 match!
Can I make a donation using a credit card?
Absolutely. We currently accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express by phone or mail and Master Card, Visa or Discover via our website.
In this section
|Monday - Friday||2pm - 7pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||12pm - 5pm|
Animal Support Center
Admission services by appointment only
Same-day appointments may be available
(614) 777-7387 ext. 208
Contact UsPhone (614) 777-7387 Fax (614) 777-8449
Hilliard OH, 43026